lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From SolrUser1543 <osta...@gmail.com>
Subject Reindex data without creating new index.
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 06:54:13 GMT
I want to reindex my data in order to change a value of some field according
to value of another. ( both field are existing )

For this purpose I run a "clue" utility in order to get a list of IDs.
Then I created an update processor , which can set a value of field A
according to value of field B.
I added a new request handler ,like a classic update , but with new update
chain with a new update processor

I want to run a http post request for each ID , to a new handler ,with item
id only.
This will trigger my update processor , which will get an existing doc from
the index and do the logic.

So in this way I can do some enrichment , without full data import and
without creating a new index .

What do you think about it ?
Could it cause a performance degradation because of it? SOLR can handle it
or it will rebalance the index ?
Does SOLR has some built in feature which can do it ?