lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject RE: Solr Memory Usage - How to reduce memory footprint for solr
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 20:28:26 GMT
Abhishek Sharma [abhisheksh@unbxd.com] wrote:

> *Q* - I am forced to set Java Xmx as high as 3.5g for my solr app.. If i
> keep this low, my CPU hits 100% and response time for indexing increases a
> lot.. And i have hit OOM Error as well when this value is low..

[...]

>   2. Index Size - 2 g
>   3. num. of Search Hits per sec - 10 [*IMP* - All search queries have
>   faceting..]

Faceting is often the reason for high memory usage. If you are not already doing so, do enable
DocValues for the fields you are faceting on. If you have a lot of unique values in your facets
(millions), you might also consider limiting the amount of concurrent searches.

Still, 3.5GB heap seems like quite a bit for a 2GB index. How many documents do you have?

- Toke Eskildsen