lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Della Bitta <michael.della.bi...@appinions.com>
Subject Re: Running Multiple Solr Instances
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 12:12:49 GMT
I would do one of either:

1. Set a different Solr home for each instance. I'd use the
-Dsolr.solr.home=/d/2 command line switch when launching Solr to do so.

2. RAID 10 the drives. If you expect the Solr instances to get uneven
traffic, pooling the drives will allow a given Solr instance to share
the capacity of all of them.