lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <a.gazzar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Easiest way to embed solr in a desktop application
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:17:31 GMT
Hi Robert,
I've used the EmbeddedSolrServer in a scenario like that and I never had
problems.
I assume you're talking about a standalone application, where the whole
index resides locally and you don't need any cluster / cloud /
distributed feature.

I think the usage of EmbeddedSolrServer is discouraged in a
(distributed) service scenario, because it is a direct connection to a
SolrCore instance...but this is not a problem in the situation you
described (as far as I know)

Best,
Andrea