lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Issue : Replacing ID with another will degrade performance in Solr?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:03:09 GMT
On 1/20/2015 7:18 AM, Nitin Solanki wrote:
> Thanks and sorry for Stackoverflow. You are saying that use "string"
> type. But I have used filter = solr.ShingleFilterFactory to break a
> string into ngrams.
> I want to build query correction just like google is doing - "Did you
> mean".

Shalin is saying that you can't use a tokenized fieldType for the
*uniqueKey*.  For most other Solr features, it is acceptable (and
extremely commonplace) to use fully tokenized and even multi-value
fields, but you must use a single-value simple field type for uniqueKey,
to avoid ANY possibility of duplicate uniqueKey field values resulting
from multiple inputs.  If you use TextField for a uniqueKey, you're
likely to have problems.  Only StrField or one of the numeric types
should be used for that field.

Thanks,
Shawn