lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: CoreContainer#createAndLoad, existing cores not loaded
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 16:07:54 GMT
On 1/28/2015 8:52 AM, Clemens Wyss DEV wrote:
> My problem:
> I create cores dynamically using container#create( CoreDescriptor ) and then add documents
to the very core(s). So far so good.
> When I restart my app I do
> container = CoreContainer#createAndLoad(...)
> but when I then call container.getAllCoreNames() an empty list is returned.
>
> What cores should be loaded by the container if I call
> CoreContainer#createAndLoad(...)
> ? Where does the container lookup the "existing cores"?

If the solr.xml is the old format, then cores are defined in solr.xml,
in the <cores> section of that config file.

There is a new format for solr.xml that is supported in version 4.4 and
later and will be mandatory in 5.0.  If that format is present, then
Solr will use core discovery -- starting from either the solr home or a
defined coreRootDirectory, solr will search for core.properties files
and treat each directory where one is found as a core's instanceDir.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr.xml%204.4%20and%20beyond

Thanks,
Shawn