lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From <chun.sh...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject questions about default operator within solr query string
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 11:11:37 GMT
Hi,

     Nice to have a chance to discuss with solr experts!

      We are using solr as our search solution. But now we have a requirement that we don't
know how to handle, even after we have looked through the Solr documentation.

      The solr version we used is 4.10.1.

      For the question, please refer to the following example url:

           http://10.90.44.33/solr/searcher/select?start=0&rows=24&fl=id,headline,slug&q=slug:variety-entertainment%20headline:entertainment&sort=score%20asc&debug=true

      With our default operator(q.op) is configured as "OR", the parsed query is:

               slug:variety slug:entertainment headline:entertainment

  But what we really want is as follows:

              +slug:variety+slug:entertainment headline:entertainment

  So, the question is:

              When searching , is there any way  to configure the applied operator between
the terms from the field "slug" to be "AND" and the operator between the fields "slug" and
"headline" is "OR"?

             If no, could you please advise on how to handle this requirement in other ways?

Thanks in advance

Chun