lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Clemens Wyss DEV <clemens...@mysign.ch>
Subject AW: AW: AW: CoreContainer#createAndLoad, existing cores not loaded
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 06:37:44 GMT
> The recommendation these days is to NOT use the embedded server
We would love to, as it is clear that this is not the "Solr-way" to go. The reason for us
building upon EmbeddedSolrServer is, we have more than 150sites, each with ist own index (core).
If we'd go client server then we could no easily update the solr server(s) without also updating
all clients (i.e. the 150 sites) at same time. And having a dedicated Solr server for every
client/site is not really an option, is it?

Or can for example a 4.10.3 client "talk" to a Solr 5/6 Server? Also when updating the Solr
server, doesn't that also require a re-index of all data as the Luncene-storage format might
have changed?

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----