lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Robert Kr├╝ger <krue...@lesspain.de>
Subject Easiest way to embed solr in a desktop application
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:10:21 GMT
Hi,

I have been using an embedded instance of solr in my desktop application
for a long time and it works fine. At the time when I made that decision
(vs. firing up a solr web application within my swing application) I got
the impression embedded use is somewhat unsupported and I should expect
problems.

My first question is, is this still the case now (4 years later), that
embedded solr is discouraged?

The one limitation I am running into is that I cannot use the solr admin UI
for debugging purposes (mainly for running queries). Is there any other way
to do this other than no longer using embedded solr and programmatically
firing up a web application (e.g. using jetty)? Should I do the latter
anyway?

Any insights/advice greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Robert