lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nishanth S <nishanth.2...@gmail.com>
Subject Running Multiple Solr Instances
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 04:31:19 GMT
Hi folks,

I  am running  multiple solr instances  (Solr 4.10.3 on tomcat 8).There are
3 physical machines and  I have 4 solr instances running  on each machine
on ports  8080,8081,8082 and 8083.The set up is well up to this point.Now I
want to point each of these instance to a different  index directories.The
drives in the machines are mounted as d/1,d/2,d/3 ,d/4 etc.Now if I define
/d/1 as  the solr home all solr index directories  are created in /d/1
where as the other drives remain un used.So how do I configure solr to
 make use of all the drives so that I can  get maximum storage for solr.I
would really appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks,
Nishanth