lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load existing Lucene sharded indexes onto single Solr collection
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 16:24:47 GMT
You certainly can't do this into a single directory, there would be
zillions of name conflicts.

I believe I saw Uwe make a comment on the Lucene list about using
MultiReaders and
keeping the sub-indexes in different directories, but that's
lower-level than Solr has access to
Plus, you'd have to control index updates _very_ carefully.

So I don't think there's something built into Solr to work with
indexes like this, so merge is
probably your only option here.

Do note that the contrib MapReduceIndexerTool that will do most all of
this for you, it includes
a --go-live option. That option still copies things around though.

Best,
Erick

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 1:25 AM, Jaikit Savla
<jaikit.savla@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> This solution will merge the index as well. I want to find out if merge is "required"
before loading indexes onto Solr ?  If that is possible than I can just point solrconfig.xml
to directory where I have all the shards.
> Jaikit
>
>      On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:11 AM, Mikhail Khludnev <mkhludnev@griddynamics.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Jaikit Savla <jaikit.savla@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Now to load this index, I am currently using Lucene IndexMergeTool to merge all the shards
into one giant index. My question is, is there a way to load shared index without merging
into one giant index on to single collection ?