lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Will Milspec <will.mils...@gmail.com>
Subject solrcloud without faceting, i.e. for failover only
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 21:30:27 GMT
Hi all,

We have a smallish index that performs well for searches and are
considering using solrcloud --but just for high availability/redundancy,
i.e. without any sharding.

The indexes would be replicated, but not distributed.

I know that "there are no stupid questions..Only stupid people"...but here
goes:

-is solrcloud w/o sharding done?( I.e. "it's just not done!!" )
-any downside (i.e. aside from the lack of horizontal scalability )

will