lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jack Krupansky <jack.krupan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ignoring bad documents during index
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2015 11:46:41 GMT
Sending individual documents will give you absolute control - just make
sure not to "commit" on each document sent since that would really slow
down indexing.

You could also send smaller batches, life 5 to 20 documents to balance
between fine control and performance. It also depends on your document size
- small documents should be collected into larger batches, but large
documents should be sent in smaller batches. Sending a total of 2K to 20K
of bytes of data at a time is probably a good target. Smaller than 2K
incurs more overhead, and more than 50K or 100K may simply overload the
server rather than optimize performance.

-- Jack Krupansky