lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jack Krupansky <jack.krupan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Frequent deletions
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2015 15:54:48 GMT
Usually, Lucene will be optimizing (merging) segments on the fly so that
you should only have a fraction of your total deletions present in the
index and should never have an absolute need to do an old-fashioned full
optimize.

What merge policy are you using?

Is Solr otherwise running fine other than this optimize operation?

-- Jack Krupansky