lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Charles VALLEE <charles.val...@edf.fr>
Subject Solr on HDFS in a Hadoop cluster
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 16:02:20 GMT
I am considering using Solr to extend Hortonworks Data Platform
capabilities to search.

- I found tutorials to index documents into a Solr instance from HDFS, but
I guess this solution would require a Solr cluster distinct to the Hadoop
cluster. Is it possible to have a Solr integrated into the Hadoop cluster
instead? - With the index stored in HDFS?
- Where would the processing take place (could it be handed down to
Hadoop)? Is there a way to garantee a level of service (CPU, RAM) - to
integrate with Yarn?
- What about SolrCloud: what does it bring regarding Hadoop based
use-cases? Does it stand for a Solr-only cluster?
- Well, if that could lead to something working with a roles-based
authorization-compliant Banana, it would be Christmass again!
Thanks a lot for any help!
Charles