lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Gabi" <g...@idieikon.com>
Subject Select and Update after with DataImportHandler
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 08:47:25 GMT
Hello, we have a sql to retrieve fields from DB and they are indexed in a full-import defined
in a data-config.xml.

It works as expected but now we want to update the database fields so we know when data was
imported.
So we add to the table being indexed a timestamp. Now we have table1 field1 field2... and
fieldN (the timestamp).

Is there any way to indicate "after you finish the select of the full-import, now you have
to do this sql update of the timestamp in the database table"?

We use Solr 4.6.0

We've tried in the same sql, with cursors or transactions, etc, but the sql select is pretty
complex and we can't make it work in such way, but perhaps the only way to do it is to substitute
the select with some kind of transaction but we don’t know if this is possible to do in
the query for the full-import.

Regards.

---