lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From pramodEbay <prmaha...@ebay.com>
Subject When does SolrJ client add isShard=true automatically to the query
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 16:36:05 GMT
Hi all,

We are using 3 shard solr cloud with 5 replicas per shard. We use SolrJ to
execute solr queries. Often times, I cannot explain when, but we see in the
query, isShard=true and shard.url=<ip addresses of all the replicas>.

My questions are,

1. Why does this happen intermittently
2. When this happens, will it send requests to all the replicas in the shard
and slow us down.
3. Most importantly, how can we avoid this situation.

We also use zookeeper to manage our cluster. I am concerned that, if we add
more replicas to each shard, this query will become slower.

Thanks,
Pramod