lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Hladik <pavel.hla...@profimedia.cz>
Subject Re: Optimize SolrCloud without downtime
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 06:59:35 GMT
When we indexing I see the deleted docs are a bit changing.. I was surprised
when developer reindex 120M index, we had around 110M of deleted docs and
this number was not falling. As you wrote, the typical behavior should be
merging deleted docs to 10-20% of whole index? So it should be after two
weeks around 20M of deleted docs.

I'm not sure of settings in our solrconfig.xml:

            <mergePolicy class="org.apache.lucene.index.TieredMergePolicy">
              <int name="maxMergeAtOnce">10</int>
              <int name="segmentsPerTier">10</int>
            </mergePolicy>

            <mergeFactor>10</mergeFactor>

            <mergeScheduler
class="org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler"/>

Should we change some of them? The mergeScheduler class is empty.

When I go to Core Admin, select our core I see:

maxCacheMB=48.0 maxMergeSizeMB=4.0

Is that ok, or the values are too low?

Best,
Pavel