lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "vidit.asthana" <vidit.astha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SolrJ commit with openSearcher=false
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 08:56:30 GMT
Thanks for reply Shawn. I will try it out.

The reason that I am forced to do a hard commit through code is to handle a
problem I am facing with transaction logs.

I am forced to delete tlogs manually at regular interval and hence I want to
issue a hard commit before deleting them to ensure that no data loss happens
in case of node failure.

I have explained the issue in detail in another thread -
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Transaction-logs-not-getting-deleted-td4184635.html

If you can provide me some help in finding the fix for the issue, then it
would be a huge help for me.