lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: indexing db records via SolrJ
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:59:40 GMT
On 3/16/2015 7:15 AM, sreedevi s wrote:
> I had checked this post.I dont know whether this is possible but my query
> is whether I can use the configuration for DIH for indexing via SolrJ

You can use SolrJ for accessing DIH.  I have code that does this, but
only for full index rebuilds.

It won't be particularly obvious how to do it.  Writing code that can
intepret DIH status and know when it finishes, succeeds, or fails is
very tricky because DIH only uses human-readable status info, not
machine-readable, and the info is not very consistent.

I can't just share my code, because it's extremely convoluted ... but
the general gist is to create a SolrQuery object, use setRequestHandler
to set the handler to "/dataimport" or whatever your DIH handler is, and
set the other parameters on the request like "command" to "full-import"
and so on.

Thanks,
Shawn