lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: ZFS File System for SOLR 3.6 and SOLR 4
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:14:49 GMT
On 3/27/2015 12:30 AM, abhi Abhishek wrote:
>          i am trying to use ZFS as filesystem for my Linux Environment. are
> there any performance implications of using any filesystem other than
> ext-3/ext-4 with SOLR?

That should work with no problem.

The only time Solr tends to have problems is if you try to use a network
filesystem.  As long as it's a local filesystem and it implements
everything a program can typically expect from a local filesystem, Solr
should work perfectly.

Because of the compatibility problems that the license for ZFS has with
the GPL, ZFS on Linux is probably not as well tested as other
filesystems like ext4, xfs, or btrfs, but I have not heard about any big
problems, so it's probably safe.

Thanks,
Shawn