lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bram Van Dam <bram.van...@intix.eu>
Subject Date & Time datatypes?
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:11:56 GMT
Howdy folks,

Is there any way index only the date and time portions of a datetime field?

A Date is really a period of 24hrs, starting at 00:00 in said date's
time zone. It would be useful if there was a way to search for documents
of a certain date with these semantics.

As for times, I'd like to be able to do queries like time:[17:00 TO
18:00]. I suppose I could accomplish that by resetting the date portion
to some bogus value, but then my facet/range values will contain that
bogus date.

I suppose the alternative is to create my own data types. Extending
PrimitiveFieldType doesn't seem too hairy but maybe I'm overlooking some
of the complexity...

Thanks a bunch,

  - Bram