lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Martin de Vries <mar...@downnotifier.com>
Subject Re: Solrcloud Index corruption
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 16:44:35 GMT
> Ahhh, ok. When you reloaded the cores, did you do it core-by-core?

Yes, but maybe we reloaded the wrong core or something like that. We 
also noticed that the startTime doesn't update in the admin-ui while 
switching between cores (you have to reload the page). We still use 
4.8.1, so maybe it is fixed in a later version. We will see after our 
next upgrade, if not we will add an issue for it.


Martin



Erick Erickson schreef op 10.03.2015 18:21:

> Ahhh, ok. When you reloaded the cores, did you do it core-by-core?
> I can see how something could get dropped in that case.
>
> However, if you used the Collections API and two cores mysteriously
> failed to reload that would be a bug. Assuming the replicas in 
> question
> were up and running at the time you reloaded.
>
> Thanks for letting us know what's going on.
> Erick
>
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 4:34 AM, Martin de Vries
> <martin@downnotifier.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> this _sounds_ like you somehow don't have indexed="true" set for 
>>> the
>>> field in question.
>> We investigated a lot more. The CheckIndex tool didn't find any 
>> error.
>> We now think the following happened: - We changed the schema two 
>> months
>> ago: we changed a field to indexed="true". We reloaded the cores, 
>> but
>> two of them doesn't seem to be reloaded (maybe we forgot). - We
>> reindexed all content. The new field worked fine. - We think the 
>> leader
>> changed to a server that didn't reload the core - After that we 
>> field
>> stopped working for new indexed documents Thanks for your help. 
>> Martin
>> Erick Erickson schreef op 06.03.2015 17:02:
>>
>>> bq: You say in our case some docs didn't made it to the node, but
>>> that's not really true: the docs can be found on the corrupted 
>>> nodes
>>> when I search on ID. The docs are also complete. The problem is 
>>> that
>>> the docs do not appear when I filter on certain fields this 
>>> _sounds_
>>> like you somehow don't have indexed="true" set for the field in
>>> question. But it also sounds like you're saying that search on that
>>> field works on some nodes but not on others, I'm assuming you're
>>> adding "&distrib=false" to verify this. It shouldn't be possible to
>>> have different schema.xml files on the different nodes, but you 
>>> might
>>> try checking through the admin UI. Network burps shouldn't be 
>>> related
>>> here. If the content is stored, then the info made it to Solr 
>>> intact,
>>> so this issue shouldn't be related to that. Sounds like it may just
>>> be the bugs Mark is referencing, sorry I don't have the JIRA 
>>> numbers
>>> right off. Best, Erick On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Shawn Heisey
>>> <apache@elyograg.org [2]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 3/5/2015 3:13 PM, Martin de Vries wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I understand there is not a "master" in SolrCloud. In our case we
>>>>> use haproxy as a load balancer for every request. So when
>>>>> indexing every document will be sent to a different solr server,
>>>>> immediately after each other. Maybe SolrCloud is not able to
>>>>> handle that correctly?
>>>> SolrCloud can handle that correctly, but currently sending index
>>>> updates to a core that is not the leader of the shard will incur a
>>>> significant performance hit, compared to always sending updates to
>>>> the correct core. A small performance penalty would be
>>>> understandable, because the request must be redirected, but what
>>>> actually happens is a much larger penalty than anyone expected. We
>>>> have an issue in Jira to investigate that performance issue and
>>>> make it work as efficiently as possible. Indexing batches of
>>>> documents is recommended, not sending one document per update
>>>> request. General performance problems with Solr itself can lead to
>>>> extremely odd and unpredictable behavior from SolrCloud. Most 
>>>> often
>>>> these kinds of performance problems are related in some way to
>>>> memory, either the java heap or available memory in the system.
>>>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems [1] [1] 
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Shawn
>> Links: ------ [1] 
>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems
>> [3]



Links:
------
[1] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems
[2] mailto:apache@elyograg.org
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems

Mime
View raw message