lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best way to monitor Solr regarding crashes
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 19:54:17 GMT
Hi Michael ,

SPM - http://sematext.com/spm will help. It can monitor all SOLR and JVM metrics and alert
you when their values cross thresholds or become abnormal. In your case I'd first look at
the JVM metrics - memory pools and their utilization. Heartbeat alert will notify you when
your server(s) become unresponsive without you having to ping them. Solr logs will also likely
have clues.

Otis

> On Mar 28, 2015, at 09:45, Michael Bakonyi <m.bakonyi@civit.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> we were using Solr for about 3 months without problems until a few days ago it crashed
one time and we don't know why. After a restart everything was fine again but we want to be
better prepared the next time this could happen. So I'd like to know what's the best way to
monitor a single Solr-instance and what logging-configuration you think is useful for this
kind of monitoring. Maybe there's a possibility to automatically restart Solr after it crashed
+ to see in detail in the logs what happend right before the crash ..?