lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to use multiple index data directory in Apache Solr?
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2015 16:33:42 GMT
On 1 March 2015 at 01:03, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:
> How exactly does ES split the index files when multiple paths are
> configured?  I am very curious about exactly how this works.  Google is
> not helping me figure it out.  I even grabbed the ES master branch and
> wasn't able to trace how path.data is used after it makes it into the
> environment.

Elasticsearch automatically creates indexes and shards. So, multiple
directories are just used to distribute the shards' indexes among
them. http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/setup-dir-layout.html
So, when a new shard is created, one of the directories is used either
randomly or usage-based.

So, to me, the question would be not about the implementation matching
but what is the OP trying to achieve with that: replication? more even
disk utilization? something else?

Regards,
    Alex.
----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/