lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <edwinye...@gmail.com>
Subject Same schema.xml is loaded for different cores in SolrCloud
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 03:56:36 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've created a SolrCloud with multiple core, and I have different
schema.xml for each of the core. However, when I start Solr, there's only
one version of the schema.xml that is loaded onto Solr. Regardless of which
core I go to, the schema.xml that is shown is the first one which I have
loaded.

What I did was, I have 3 cores: logmill, collection1 and collection2.
Each of the core has 2 shrads: shard1 and shard2

I first started the Solr with shard1 using the following command:
java -Dcollection.configName=logmill -DzkRun -DnumShards=2
-Dbootstrap_confdir=./solr/logmill/conf -jar start.jar

After that I start shard2 using the following command:
java -Dcollection.configName=logmill -DzkRun -DnumShards=2
-Dbootstrap_confdir=./solr/logmill/conf -jar start.jar

All the schema.xml loaded are from logmill core, even for the collection1
and collection2.

Even after I change the command to start shard1 with the following command,
all the schema.xml are still from logmill
java -Dcollection.configName=collection1 -DzkRun
-DnumShards=2 -Dbootstrap_confdir=./solr/collection1/conf -jar start.jar

How do I get Solr to read the different schema.xml for the different cores?

Regards,
Edwin