lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr replicas going in recovering state during heavy indexing
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:08:17 GMT
What do the Solr logs show happens on those servers when they go into
recovery? What have you tried to do to diagnose the problem? You might
review: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UsingMailingLists

The first thing I'd check, though, is whether you're seeing large GC
pauses that exceed the Zookeeper timeout, thus ZK thinks the replica
is down and puts it into recovery. YOu can get this info by tracking
the GC cycles as here:
https://lucidworks.com/blog/garbage-collection-bootcamp-1-0/, the
section "getting a view into garbage collection"

Best,
Erick