lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr join + Boost in single query
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 04:23:03 GMT
This seems very much like it may be an "XY" problem.
>From Hossman's apache page:

Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341

So can you back up a bit and state, at a high level, what the problem
you're trying to solve is?

Best,
Erick