lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optimize SolrCloud without downtime
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 21:42:26 GMT
Hmmm, are you indexing during the time you see the deleted docs not
changing? Because this is very strange. Theoretically, if you reindex
everything, that should result in segments that have _no_ live docs in
them and they should really disappear ASAP.

One way to work around this if we determine that this is a problem in
Solr might be to create a second collection and index to _that_, then
use collection aliasing to use the new index. But that's not
optimal...

Best,
Erick