lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOLR Index in shared/Network folder
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 18:43:08 GMT
To pile on: If you're talking about pointing two Solr instances at the
_same_ index, it doesn't matter whether you are on NFS or not, you'll
have all sorts of problems. And if this is a SolrCloud installation,
it's particularly hard to get right.

Please do not do this unless you have a very good reason, and please
tell us what the reason is so we can perhaps suggest alternatives.

Best,
Erick

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 8:08 AM, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org> wrote:
> Several years ago, I accidentally put Solr indexes on an NFS volume and it was 100X slower.
>
> If you have enough RAM, query speed should be OK, but startup time (loading indexes into
file buffers) could be really long. Indexing could be quite slow.