lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Reitzel, Charles" <Charles.Reit...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Check the return of suggestions
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 14:12:32 GMT
Hi Alex,

It looks like your search term and index are both subject to a stem filter.  Is that right?

To avoid the default query parser for spellcheck purposes, you might try spellcheck.q=cartouche.
  But that may not be sufficient if the spellcheck field is also "aggressively" stemmed.
 I.e. try solr.EnglishMinimalStemFilterFactory vs. solr.PorterStemFilterFactory.

Worst case, you may need to copy values to a separate spellcheck field with less aggressive
stemming.

It seems unlikely, to me, that "touches" and "cartouche" would have the same stem.   But "touches"
may or may not be an ok spellcheck correction for your app.    You can tweak the accuracy
parameter.  Also, if using DirectSolrSpellChecker, check maxEdits.

Just a couple thoughts ...

hth,
Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: ale42 [mailto:alexandre.fayeaux@etu.esisar.grenoble-inp.fr]
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 6:20 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Check the return of suggestions

Hello everyone.

I'm working with Solr 4.3. I use the Spellechecker component which gives me suggestions as
i expect.

I will explain my problem with an example :

I am querying /"cartouchhe"/instead of /"cartouche"/.

I obtain these suggestions

array (size=5)
  0 =>
    array (size=2)
      'word' => *string 'cartouche' (length=9)*
      'freq' => *int 1519*
  1 =>
    array (size=2)
      'word' => *string 'touches' (length=7)*
      'freq' =>* int 55*
  2 =>
    array (size=2)
      'word' => *string 'cartouches' (length=10)*
      'freq' =>*int 32*
  3 =>
    array (size=2)
      'word' =>* string 'caoutchoucs' (length=11)*
      'freq' =>* int 16*
  4 =>
    array (size=2)
      'word' => *string 'cartonnees' (length=10)*
      'freq' =>* int 15*

This is what I want ==> OK.

The problem is that when I query /"cartouche"/or /"cartouches"/, I exactly have the same results
because for both query, the term that will be searching into my index is /"cartouch"/.

Is there a way with Solr to fix this kind of "problem" ie check that 2 collations will not
return exactly the same results?

Thanks for your answers,
Alex.