lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Reitzel, Charles" <Charles.Reit...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Combine multiple SOLR Query Results
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 14:56:52 GMT
Hi AnilJayanti,

You shouldn't need 2 separate solr queries.   Just make sure both 'track name' and 'artist
name' fields are queried.  Solr will rank and sort the results for you.

e.q. q=foo&qf=trackName,artistName

This is preferable for a number of reasons.  I will be faster and simpler.  But, also, highlight
results should be better.

hth,
Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: aniljayanti [mailto:aniljayanti@yahoo.co.in]
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 6:20 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Combine multiple SOLR Query Results

Hi,

I am trying to work on combine multiple SOLR query results into single result. Below is my
case.

1.	Look up search term against ‘track name’, log results
2.	Look up search term against ‘artist name’, log results of tracks by those
artists
3.	Combine results
4.	results by score descending order.

Using "text_general" fieldType for both track name and artist name.
copy fields are trackname and artistname

Plase suggest me how to write solr Query to combine two solr results into single result.

Thanks in advance.

AnilJayanti