lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Eyal Naamati" <Eyal.Naam...@exlibrisgroup.com>
Subject Korean script conversion
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2015 05:52:28 GMT
Hi,

We are starting to index records in Korean. Korean text can be written in two scripts: Han
characters (Chinese) and Hangul characters (Korean).
We are looking for some solr filter or another built in solr component that converts between
Han and Hangul characters (transliteration).
I know there is the ICUTransformFilterFactory that can convert between Japanese or chinese
scripts, for example:
<filter class="solr.ICUTransformFilterFactory" id="Katakana- Hiragana"/> for Japanese
script conversions
So far I couldn't find anything readymade for Korean scripts, but perhaps someone knows of
one?

Thanks!
Eyal Naamati
Alma Developer