lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Russell Taylor <Russell.Tay...@interactivedata.com>
Subject Replacing a group of documents (Delete/Insert) without a query on the index ever showing an empty list (Docs)
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:53:04 GMT
Hi,
I have an index which is made up of groups of documents, each group is defined by a field
called keyField (keyField:A).
I need to delete all the keyField:A documents and replace them with a brand new set without
the index ever returning
zero documents on a query.

At the moment I deleteByQuery:keyField:A and then insert a SolrInputDocument list via
SolrJ into my index. I have a small time period where somebody doing a q=fieldKey:A
can be returned an empty list.

FYI: The keyField group might be just 100 documents or up to 10 million.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Russ.

Index example
"docs": [
{
"keyField":"A"
"lastField":"xyz"

},

{
"keyField":"A"
"lastField":"xyz"

},

{
"keyField":"B"
"lastField":"xyz"

},

{
"keyField":"A"
"lastField":"xyz"

},

{
"keyField":"B"
"lastField":"xyz"
}

This message (including any files transmitted with it) may contain confidential and/or proprietary
information, is the property of Interactive Data Corporation and/or its subsidiaries, and
is directed only to the addressee(s). If you are not the designated recipient or have reason
to believe you received this message in error, please delete this message from your system
and notify the sender immediately. An unintended recipient's disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of this message or any attachments is prohibited and may be unlawful.