lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Measuring QPS
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 15:53:40 GMT
On 4/3/2015 9:37 AM, Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C] wrote:
> I wanted to gather QPS for our production Solr instances, but I was surprised that the
Admin UI did not contain this information.   We are running a mix of versions, but mostly
4.10 at this point.   We are not using SolrCloud at present; that's part of why I'm checking
- I want to validate the size of our existing setup and what sort of SolrCloud setup would
be needed to centralize several of them.

> What is the best way to gather QPS information?
>
> What is the best way to add information like this to the Admin UI, if I decide to take
that step?

As of Solr 4.1 (three years ago), request rate information is available
in the admin UI and via JMX.  In the admin UI, choose a core from the
dropdown, click on Plugins/Stats, then QUERYHANDLER, and open the
handler you wish to examine.  You have avgRequestsPerSecond, which is
calculated for the entire runtime of the SolrCore, as well as
5minRateReqsPerSecond and 15minRateReqsPerSecond, which are far more
useful pieces of information.

Thanks,
Shawn