lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <sgoes...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Measuring QPS
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2015 08:54:23 GMT
Hi Dan,

I’m using JavaMelody for my SOLR production servers - gives you the relevant HTTP stats
(what’s happening now & historical data) plus JVM monitoring as additional benefit.
The servers are deployed on Tomcat so I’m of little help regarding Jetty - having said that

* you need two Jars (javamelody & robin)
* tinker with web.xml

Here are two of my presentations mentioning JavaMelody (plus some other stuff)

http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/presentations/solr-from-development-to-production-20121210.pdf
<http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/presentations/solr-from-development-to-production-20121210.pdf>
http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/presentations/jsug-2015/jee-performance-monitoring.pdf
<http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/presentations/jsug-2015/jee-performance-monitoring.pdf>

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

> On 03 Apr 2015, at 17:53, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:
>
> On 4/3/2015 9:37 AM, Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C] wrote:
>> I wanted to gather QPS for our production Solr instances, but I was surprised that
the Admin UI did not contain this information.   We are running a mix of versions, but mostly
4.10 at this point.   We are not using SolrCloud at present; that's part of why I'm checking
- I want to validate the size of our existing setup and what sort of SolrCloud setup would
be needed to centralize several of them.