lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]" <daniel.da...@nih.gov>
Subject RE: edismax operators
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 15:59:30 GMT
Can the mm parameter be set per clause?    I guess I've ignored it in the past aside from setting
it once to what seemed like a reasonable value.
That is probably replicated across every collection, which cannot be ideal for relevance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apache@elyograg.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 11:13 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: edismax operators

On 4/2/2015 8:35 AM, Mahmoud Almokadem wrote:
> Thank you Jack for your clarifications. I used regular defType and set
> q.op=AND so all terms without operators are must. How can I use this
> with edismax?

The edismax parser is capable of much more granularity than simply AND/OR on the default operator,
through the mm parameter.  If you set q.op to AND, the mm parameter will be set to 100%.
The mm parameter is EXTREMELY flexible.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax#mm_.28Minimum_.27Should.27_Match.29

Thanks,
Shawn