lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]" <daniel.da...@nih.gov>
Subject RE: Measuring QPS
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 18:04:33 GMT
Siegfried,

It is early days as yet.   I don't think we need a code drop.   AFAIK, none of our current
Solr applications autocomplete the search box based on popular query/title keywords.   We
have other applications that do that, but they don't use Solr.

Thanks again,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Siegfried Goeschl [mailto:sgoeschl@gmx.at]
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 1:42 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Measuring QPS

Hi Dan,

at willhaben.at (customer of mine) two SOLR components were written for SOLR 3 and ported
to SORL 4

1) SlowQueryLog which dumps long-running search requests into a log file

2) Most Frequent Search Terms allowing to query & filter the most frequent user search
terms over the browser

Some notes along the line

* For both components I have the “GO" to open source them but I never had enough time to
do that (shame on me) - see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4056

* The Most Frequent Search Term component actually mimics a SOLR server you feed the user
search terms so this might be a better solution in the long run. But this requires to have
a separate SOLR core & ingest  plus GUI (check out SILK or ELK) - in other words more
moving parts in production :-)

* If there is sufficient interest I can make a code drop on GitHub

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

> On 06 Apr 2015, at 16:25, Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C] <daniel.davis@nih.gov> wrote:
>
> Siegfried,
>
> This is a wonderful find.   The second presentation is a nice write-up of a large number
of free tools.   The first presentation prompts a question - did you add custom request handlers/code
to automate determination of best user search terms?   Did any of your custom work end-up
in Solr?

> Thank you so much,
>
> Dan
>
> P.S. - your first presentation takes me back to seeing "Angrif der Klonkrieger" in Berlin
after a conference - Hayden Christensen was less annoying in German, because my wife and I
don't speak German ;)   I haven't thought of that in a while.

that the Admin UI did not contain this information.   We are running a mix of versions, but
mostly 4.10 at this point.   We are not using SolrCloud at present; that's part of why I'm
checking - I want to validate the size of our existing setup and what sort of SolrCloud setup
would be needed to centralize several of them.