lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to perform search query after changing uniqueKey
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 15:17:07 GMT
Steve:

Totally agree. Even if you _do_ correctly escape the URL though,
there's no guarantee that Solr will "do the right thing" with field
names with spaces. Plus endless chances for you to get it wrong when
constructing the URL....

Best,
Erick

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:01 AM, steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Gently walking into rough waters here, but if you use any API with GET, you're sending
a URI which must be properly encoded. This has nothing to do with with the programming language
that generates key and store pairs on the browser or the one(s) used on the server. Lots and
lots of good folks have tripped over this one.http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp
> Play hard, but play safe!
>
>> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 13:58:55 +0800
>> Subject: Re: Unable to perform search query after changing uniqueKey
>> From: edwinyeozl@gmail.com
>> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>>
>> Thanks Erick.
>>
>> Yes, it is able to work correct if I do not use spaces for the field names,
>> especially for the uniqueKey.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Edwin
>>

>> On 31 March 2015 at 13:58, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I would never put spaces in my field names! Frankly I have no clue
>> > what Solr does with that, but it can't be good. Solr explicitly
>> > supports Java naming conventions, camel case, underscores and numbers.
>> > Special symbols are frowned upon, I never use anything but upper case,
>> > lower case and underscores. Actually, I don't use upper case either
>> > but that's a personal preference. Other things might work, but only by
>> > chance.
>> >
>> > Best,
>> > Erick

>> > shard1

> [...]