lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Clemens Wyss DEV <clemens...@mysign.ch>
Subject determine "big" documents in the index?
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 13:54:05 GMT
Context: Solr/Lucene 5.1

Is there a way to determine documents that occupy alot "space" in the index. As I don't store
any fields that have text, it must be the terms extracted from the documents occupying the
space.

So my question is: which documents occupy a most space in the inverted index?

Context:
I index approx 7000pdfs (extracted with tika) into my index. I suspect that for some pdf's
the extarcted text is not really text but "binary blobs". In order to verify this (and possibly
omit these pdfs) I hope to get some hints of Solr/Lucene ;)