lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr Cloud
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 13:38:27 GMT
On 5/4/2015 6:16 AM, Jilani Shaik wrote:
> Do we have any monitoring tools for Apache Solr Cloud? similar to Apache
> Ambari which is used for Hadoop Cluster.
>
> Basically I am looking for tool similar to Apache Ambari, which will give
> us various metrics in terms of graphs and charts along with deep details
> for each node in Hadoop cluster.

The most comprehensive and capable Solr monitoring available that I know
of is a service provided by Sematext.

http://sematext.com/

If you want something cheaper, you'll have to build it yourself with
free tools.  Some of the metrics available from sematext can be
duplicated by Xymon or Nagios, others can be duplicated by JavaMelody or
another monitoring tool made specifically for Java programs.  I have
duplicated some of that information with tools that I wrote myself, like
this status servlet:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gh6e47mu8sp7zkt/status-page-solr.png?dl=0

Nothing that I have built comes close to what sematext provides, but if
you want history from their SPM product on your servers that goes back
more than half an hour, you will pay for it.   Their prices are actually
fairly reasonable for everything you get.

Thanks,
Shawn