lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Vincenzo D'Amore" <v.dam...@gmail.com>
Subject SolrCloud indexing
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 13:28:01 GMT
Hi all,

I have 3 nodes and there are 3 shards but looking at solrcloud admin I see
that all the leaders are on the same node.

If I understood well looking at  solr documentation
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Shards+and+Indexing+Data+in+SolrCloud>
:

> When a document is sent to a machine for indexing, the system first
> determines if the machine is a replica or a leader.
> If the machine is a replica, the document is forwarded to the leader for
> processing.
> If the machine is a leader, SolrCloud determines which shard the document
> should go to, forwards the document the leader for that shard, indexes the
> document for this shard, and forwards the index notation to itself and any
> replicas.

So I have 3 nodes, with 3 shards and 2 replicas of each shard.

http://picpaste.com/pics/Screen_Shot_2015-05-05_at_15.19.54-Xp8uztpt.1430832218.png

Does it mean that all the indexing is done by the leaders in one node? If
so, how do I distribute the indexing (the shard leaders) across nodes?

--
Vincenzo D'Amore
email: v.damore@gmail.com