lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Solanki <nitinml...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr port went down on remote server
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 15:02:26 GMT
Hi,
       I have installed Solr on remote server and started on port 8983.
Now, I have bind my local machine port 8983 with remote server 8983 of Solr
using *ssh* (Ubuntu OS). When I am requesting on Solr for getting the
suggestions on remote server through local machine calls. Sometimes it
gives response, sometimes doesn't.

I am not able to detect the problem that why is it so?
Is it remote server binding issue?  OR Solr went down ?
I am not getting the problem.

To detect the problem, I ran a crontab job using telnet command to check
existence of port (8983) of Solr. It is working fine without throwing any
connection refused error. I am able to detect the problem. Any help please..