lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steven White <swhite4...@gmail.com>
Subject A defect in Schema API with Add a New Copy Field Rule?
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 22:44:06 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I am using the Schema API to add a new copy field per:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Schema+API#SchemaAPI-AddaNewCopyFieldRule

Unlike the other "Add" APIs, this one will not fail if you add an existing
copy field object.  In fact, after when I call the API over and over, the
item will appear over and over in schema.xml file like so:

  <copyField source="author" dest="text"/>
  <copyField source="author" dest="text"/>
  <copyField source="author" dest="text"/>
  <copyField source="author" dest="text"/>

Is this the expected behaviour or a bug?  As a side question, is there any
harm in having multiple "copyField" like I ended up with?

A final question, why there is no Replace a Copy Field?  Is this by design
for some limitation or was the API just never implemented?

Thanks

Steve