lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Delete document stop my solr 5.0 ?!
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 00:07:56 GMT

XY-ish problem -- if you are deleting a bunch of documents by id, why have
you switched from using delete-by-id to using delete-by-query?  What drove
that decision?  Did you try using delete-by-query in your 3.6 setup?

: my f1 field is my key field. It is unique.
: On my old solr 3.6, I don't use the same line to delete document, I use:
: java -jar -Ddata=args -Dcommit=no  post.jar
: why this method do not work now ?

https://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem
XY Problem

Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/