lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Problems while setting classpath (while upgrading to Solr 5.1 from Solr 4.X)
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 18:22:34 GMT
On 6/4/2015 12:01 PM, Vaibhav Bhandari wrote:
> With Solr 5.X, however, I am finding it hard to include my custom-plugin
> jars in the classpath. I am using bin/solr script to start up Solr.
>
> I have tried a few things:
>
>    1. Passing the path of custom jars as -Djava.class.path=<full-path>
>    2. Passing the path as -a "-cp <full-path>"
>    3. Copying the jars inside server/lib/ext folder.
>    4. Copying the jars inside server/solr-webapp/webapp/WEB-INF/lib folder
>    (because after reading the script, i realize that this folder is included
>    in the classpath by default).
>
> Is there a recommended way to load the plugin jars in the classpath? Note
> that I am willing to avoid the blob-store api.
>
> Also, there is no documentation on the OPTIONS parameter in start.jar and
> how do i set that from bin/solr script.
>
> Any guidance is highly appreciated.

Find your solr home.  This is the directory where solr.xml lives, and
normally the directory where the core directories are.  If you aren't
specifying the solr home, it will default to server/solr in the root of
the extracted download.

In the solr home, create a "lib" directory.  Put all extra or contrib
jars required by Solr there.  Start Solr.

That's it.  All jars included in the lib directory that you created are
automatically loaded by Solr.  You do not need any <lib> directives in
your solrconfig.xml file.

Thanks,
Shawn