lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Vaibhav Bhandari <vaibhav.bhandar...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems while setting classpath (while upgrading to Solr 5.1 from Solr 4.X)
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 18:01:09 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade Solr 4.X to Solr 5.1.0. I am using Maven to compile
solr.

Previously, I was packing my custom-plugin jars with solr.war and
everything worked fine.

With Solr 5.X, however, I am finding it hard to include my custom-plugin
jars in the classpath. I am using bin/solr script to start up Solr.

I have tried a few things:

   1. Passing the path of custom jars as -Djava.class.path=<full-path>
   2. Passing the path as -a "-cp <full-path>"
   3. Copying the jars inside server/lib/ext folder.
   4. Copying the jars inside server/solr-webapp/webapp/WEB-INF/lib folder
   (because after reading the script, i realize that this folder is included
   in the classpath by default).

Is there a recommended way to load the plugin jars in the classpath? Note
that I am willing to avoid the blob-store api.

Also, there is no documentation on the OPTIONS parameter in start.jar and
how do i set that from bin/solr script.

Any guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vaibhav