lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Patterson <patt...@gmail.com>
Subject Looking for help in building a configuration that should be simple
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 16:08:18 GMT
I've been asked to build a sample configuration of SolrCloud using Solr
4.10.

I want to have two instances (virtual machines) each with two solr nodes.
Let's call the instances 1 and 2, and the nodes 1AO, 1BB, 2AB, and 2BO.  I
want 1AO to be the owner of that shard with 2AB as the backup, and 2BO to
be the owner of its data and have 1BB as its backup.

I also want to use an external ZooKeeper that we already have and trust for
all 4 solr nodes.

Is this something that is doable, and what does it take to make it so?

Thanks.

Dave Patterson