lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Patterson <patt...@gmail.com>
Subject How important is the name of the data collection?
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 17:04:31 GMT
I'm trying to make two virtual machines, each with one 4.10 SOLR-cloud code
instance, connected to the same external Zookeeper site.

I want to create one data collection with one shard on each of these two
machines.

If I use the "start" method as described in the Apache Solr Reference Guide
for my release, will the two machines be connected if I declare the same
data collection name for both of them? If not, how do I connect them?

(I know the start method can make two solr-cloud instances on ONE virtual
machine, but I want to make one on each of two virtual machines.)

Thanks

Dave P