lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jack Krupansky <jack.krupan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Atomic Updates
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 20:19:34 GMT
BTW, does anybody know how SolrCloud got that name? I mean, SolrCluster
would make a lot more sense since a cloud is typically a very large
collection of machines and more of a place than a specific configuration,
while a Solr deployment is more typically a more modest number of machines,
a cluster. It just seems totally out of sync with the current popular
conception of a cloud, and it helps confuse people as to when and where
people can use it. I think it must have occurred after the end of my tenure
at Lucid (October 2011), because my recollection is that it was then just
known as "distributed".

-- Jack Krupansky